Thursday, April 05, 2007

Texas Traditions

Every year I want to take pictures in the bluebonnets. But every year I ask myself, why do I want to take pictures of three boys in a field of flowers? Will they have bad memories -- "Remember when mom made us take girly pictures in the flowers?" Am I going to permanently scar them for life? So I don't do it. But this year there is a field right around the corner from our house . . . so convenient, so simple. So, last night I made the boys get dressed up and trudge through a field of flowers. I don't know what I was expecting. Honestly, How excited and cooperative can three young boys be standing in a field of fragrant blue and purple flowers? Even the promise of cake at home was not enough to elicit total cooperation. The only thing I can say about the pictures is that they sure showcase each boy's individual personality!







4 comments:

karin said...

Those are great pictures, I prefer pictures that show off personality. My favorite is the 2nd one. Whose arm is that and is it the same person that Sam is looking at? Cute, I wish I had taken pictures in the bluebonnets when we lived there.

THE GREENMONSTERS said...

These pics are great! From Karens comment I am thinking I should probably get out and do it too! I am trying to avoid regrets!!

J & M Shumate Family said...

My favorite pic is the 3rd one. Your boys are so cute and they definitely have personality! Hey, next year you can take pictures of your sweet little girl in the bluebonnets. Now that is really something to look forward to!!!!!

J & M Shumate Family said...

p.s. I'm lovin' the ties!