Monday, June 16, 2008

On a roll . . .

We had the BEST pasta for dinner last night. I found the recipe on-line, but I can't tell you where. I hesitated making it because I knew my kids would hate the zucchini, but Josh picked it for his father's day dinner. And I'm so glad he did because it was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! (the kids ate everything but the zucchini, so I can classify this as a success.)

Belle’s Favorite Pasta

Ingredients:
1 pound of linguine noodles
about 2/3 cup parm cheese
chicken and apple sausage cut in small pieces (I just grilled some chicken instead)
zucchini cut in small pieces
sweet baby tomatoes
7 cloves of garlic crushed (really, the more, the better)
1 and half tsp. of dried oregano
extra virgin olive oil

Put whole baby sweet tomatoes, zucchini, crushed garlic, oregano, in a baking pan and drizzle a nice coat of olive oil, add some kosher salt and pepper. Then put it into a 400 degree oven until the tomatoes are about to or have popped. This usually takes about 25-30 minutes.

Cook linguine according to package. drain.

Brown sausage pieces in olive oil until nice and colored.

Add sausage, linguine, tomatoes/zucchini mixture together into a big bowl and pop the rest of the tomatoes ready to ooze sweet fresh tomatoes juice onto them. Add parmesan cheese and mix. Add salt to taste.

2 comments:

karin said...

That sounds delicious. Is there a photo to go with it(I'm visual)?

Leslie said...

Can't wait to try it. I need that one recipe that I think has pasta and broccoli and sausage in it. Do you know what I'm talking about?
You should have a whole blog devoted to your great recipes!