Thursday, July 03, 2008

Necessity is the Mother of Invention

Here is where you can feel sorry for my boys and question my ability to be a fun parent. Every day my boys beg me to take them swimming at the YMCA. And I want to, I really do. Then I remember I have 4 children and one of them is Nicholas.

Now for those of you who are personally acquainted with Nicholas, that statement alone explains everything. Fearless, wild and fast are the words I would use to describe the joy that is Nicholas. So, we stay home and the boys make do with the hose in the back yard.

{This is Sam, who wants to play in the water, but avoid the hassle of getting water in his eyes.}

{This is Sam realizing he can spray himself in the face, and Benjamin who is obviously impressed by his brother's talents}

{And this is where they decide to fill up the lid to the sand box and go "swimming," but only after they beg me for the 473rd time to buy them the $400 pool at Wal-Mart.}

{This is Nicholas attacking the big boys, who are conveniently hiding behind their shield -- the basketball backboard.}

{Oddly enough, this went on for about 20 minutes before the big boys realized they could fight back}

{And fight back they did!}


{This is Sam, who proves all you need is a little imagination, diving off his diving board into his pool -- in other words, jumping off the teeter totter into the lid of the sand box.}

{Again in Slow Motion}


{And this is why you wear swim diapers every time you go swimming, even if it is swimming in a lid in the back yard.}

3 comments:

karin said...

LOVE this post.

Love the new background.

mistyp said...

Great pictures and explanations. I especially love the last picture though!

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

Your family is seriously one of my favorites. Seriously!