Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ellie's Birthday Party

We had Ellie's birthday last Friday. It was really simple and she loved it! She had definite ideas of what she wanted at her party . . . some worked, some not so much. We started off with bubbles, which were a big hit - even for the older boys.
Then the girls got their tutus and wands for dancing.

Ellie LOVES to dance. She loves to twirl and prance and all sorts of girly things. However, at her party, she would not dance at all. I even put on her favorite Wiggles song - the Shimmy Shake. But we had no shimmying and no shaking. We had catatonic stares from Ellie and Chole, and crying from Reagan. Thankfully Riley busted a move and made the dancing worthwhile.
Then we had cupcakes and fruit and cookies -- all per Ellie's request. We even had a princess tablecloth that she picked out. The boys were disgusted by the tablecloth and complained about it every time they walked past the table. What do they know?
After cupcakes came presents. Little girl toys are so much fun! She got a little Belle dress-up doll, a my little pony with a movie and stickers, a pink bubble machine, and a pony with its own purse. She was in HEAVEN!
Ellie's last request for her party was stories, but as soon as the presents came out, the stories were forgotten.
{The only picture I was able to get with all four of them in it. Two year olds do NOT hold still for anything!}

It was a fun little party. She loved it! And I'm glad we got to have it before her little friend Reagan moves away. (although there's still time for Reagan's mom and dad to change their minds and realize that Waco is WAY better than Vegas. . .)
{Reagan and Ellie, after Regan had some of my famous drugged cupcakes}

{The only time Reagan wasn't crying . . . I think she's still mad at me because I tricked her into going to nursery at church and then left her to fend for herself}

Thanks for coming girls!

7 comments:

wurtz said...

What a cute party. I can't get over the tutu's and wands, HOW CUTE! Where were you when my girls were little? ;) You must share with me how you made the wands. Ellie is darling as ever.

karin said...

The tutus are fabulous. I know who I am calling if I ever have a girl.

Cheryl said...

What a fun party! You are a great Mom to go to all of that trouble!! I love the boys response to the princess table cloth. Typical!

Emily said...

LOL! Your "drugged" cupcakes!!! I gotta get some more of those!

GREAT party Ellie! It was darling, just like you! I think Reagy was sad because there's no way she's going to find friends as cute as you in Vegas. We are still loving the tutu's, they are worn daily over all kinds of outfits. Even our cat got to wear it once. And he looked very handsome. :)

Janadt.Huggins said...

What a cute party idea. I love the wands and tutu's, very cute.

THE GREENMONSTERS said...

Chloe had a blast and wears her tutu almost everyday. However now she has to put on last years halloween costume which was a butterfly and the tutu so she can be a princess butterfly!

JanelWarner said...

So, cute! The tutus are darling. Ellie is so pretty and so big. I wish are kids could stay small for ever. Good luck with the terrible two's.