Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Josh

Saturday was Josh's birthday. For him, the perfect day would be not recognizing it was his birthday -- not getting presents -- not having cake, just a normal day. Of course, being a dad, he realizes that his birthdays are no longer about him but about a chance for the boys to celebrate him.

So what did Josh decide to do on his birthday? He told the boys that he wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheeses! Once there, Josh spent all his "birthday" tokens playing games to win the boys tickets.

When it was time to open presents, Josh opened two transformers -- then gave them to Sam and Benjamin and told them that his kids gave him the greatest happiness in life, and to thank them he wanted them to share his presents.

Probably not the most exciting birthday for a 30+ year old, but what a fun birthday for his kids.

How lucky are we?!!



6 comments:

karin said...

How great for the boys (and for you)!
I bet the boys look forward to Josh's birthday almost as much as their own.

J & M Shumate Family said...

Josh...all I can say is YOU ROCK! What a super dad you are! I miss hearing you say, "Hi Jacob!" I love the way you say Jacob's name....it is unique and full of energy! We miss your family!!!!

The Nielsens said...

Ditto... Josh.. YOU ROCK!! That is a super Birthday. I think I might steal the idea. Your boys will never forget.... I'm smiling and saying Aaaaaaahhhhhh! Now I'm realizing that Josh you are probably hating all this goooshing. Oh well, Super Cool!!!!
Rachel, Thanks for posting it.
It's like a hallmark card or a message from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints.

The Nielsens said...

P.S. I love the new blog look. Super Cool!!!

Stamp With Linz said...

Totally cool Dad...I love it! Happr Birthday to Josh!

Stamp With Linz said...

*Happy, not Happr...who knows what language that would loook normal in...I need sleep!