Friday, July 06, 2007

Handsome Haircut

I have always been a fan of short hair on my boys. If their hair even hints at touching the tips of their ears, off it goes. So, it kind of surprised me that I let Nicholas' hair get so long. I just couldn't bring myself to cut it, for whatever reason.




But, finally it got to be too much, and I took him in. When it was over, I realized why I had let his thin, stringy hair get so long . . . because it kept him looking like a baby. Now with his new "handsome haircut" (as he calls it), he looks all grown up. Baby Nicholas has been replaced by just Nicholas.




I knew it was bound to happen, but I was hoping for later rather than sooner. Bye-Bye stringy mullet hair, bye-bye baby . . . Hello Mr. Nicholas.

3 comments:

karin said...

It does look handsome with his new cut. I have a hard time cutting my boys' hair too, it really makes the change from baby to toddler.

mistyp said...

When is your baby due? I can't remember.... Guess it was time to move him out of the baby phase to make room for the next one. :)

J & M Shumate Family said...

Hello Mr. Nicholas....he is a cute little boy!!!