Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Halloween's Over? Not at Our House!


Halloween is the holiday that never ends. This year, Sam and Benjamin dressed up as Star Wars Characters . . .and the costumes continue to be worn on a regular basis. I guess the positive me is glad we are getting our money's worth. The negative me wishes the costumes would go to a galaxy far far away because when my boys play Star Wars, they immerse themselves COMPLETELY in that world and sometimes it's nice to have normal kids running around.




Nicholas didn't dress up. We couldn't pay him to put on a costume. And he wasn't too sure about talking to people he didn't know. But that uncertainty ended when the first handful of candy was dropped into his pumpkin. He saw the candy and said, "OH suckers, my favorite. Thank you so much!" He kept sneaking candy all night long. When we got home, his pumpkin was filled with half eaten candy and empty wrappers. So he now understands the importance of Halloween for kids. This morning, he said "Guess what mom. Saturday is Halloween. Nicholas get more candy. Ok? Ok -- do that." Now that's what I call the power of positive thinking.


And Eliana, well she just went as the cutest girl ever.


4 comments:

karin said...

I LOVE that your boys use their Halloween costumes all year long. I would probably hide them before Thanksgiving though.
Nicholas is TOO CUTE!
Eliana is the cutest thing ever, does she have dimples?

J & M Shumate Family said...

What is it with boys and Star Wars? Just minutes ago Jacob put a towel around him and said, "Hey Mom...do I look like Ben Kenobi?" Now you just have to get a cute Yoda costume for Nicholas!

The Nielsens said...

This is one of my favorite posts ever. Although it reminds me how being friends with the White's causes me to do things I said I wouldn't do. Like buys new Halloween costumes this year. Hmmmmm. The influence of friends. Did I mention how Say couldn't even play w/Benj the day he showed up with his Obi-wan costume. He sat at the kitchen table for 45 minutes begging me to buy him a star wars costume.

mistyp said...

That's such a cute grin on her face! Get used to having "dress-ups" around. Girls love being princesses-- year round!