Friday, December 28, 2007

Brotherly Love

Tonight, Josh took Sam to the movies. Benjamin didn't go because Benjamin doesn't like going to the movies. Getting ready for bed was easy, but going to sleep proved to be a bit harder. As Benjamin climbed into bed, the tears started to flow.

M: Benj, what's wrong.
B: I can't sleep without Sam.
M: But you are always saying you want your own room, now's your chance.
B: I don't think I can do it.
M: Just close your eyes and go to sleep.
B: Sam's a really good brother and I can't be happy when he's not here. I miss Sam.

Brothers and friends -- what more could a mom ask for?

5 comments:

karin said...

How great! I hope my boys stay that way, right now they can nap separately (on the rare days they take a nap) but bed time they HAVE to be together.
In a few years, you can pull this up and remind them how much they love each other.

mistyp said...

How sweet! I hope mine will be that way some day!

Jim said...

What a joy for you to share this, as we sit on our pew in Church, we don't always get to see this sweetness between Benj and Sam. It warms my heart to know that deep down, in quiet moments, that these boys do really love each other.

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

Funny how we don't realize how much we love/need someone until they aren't there!

Being best friends with your siblings is the greatest!

Michele said...

True tenderness.......or was it a ploy to try and stay up later? ;)