Thursday, October 08, 2009

We raise 'em sassy here

Nicholas hung a "no girl's allowed" sign on his door. I told him Ellie was a girl and asked if she could come in. He said, "No girls allowed." I told him I was a girl and asked if I could come in. He said, "The person that cleans my room can come in when it's messy."

Nicholas and Eliana were fighting over her pony toys. I told him to give the pony back. Nicholas told me, "I don't want to hear any more of your noise in my ears."

Eliana has a disgusting habit of drinking the bathwater. This morning I told her that drinking bathwater would make her tummy sick. She told me, "Oh yeah? Prove it."

At two and almost four years old, how can the innocence be gone? And how am I going to survive their teenage years?

3 comments:

The Wards said...

Focus on the fact that they have strong spirits and they will make strong decisions when they grow up. You wouldn't want them any other way!!!!

karin said...

LOVE it.

Cheryl said...

Hahahaha! Boy can I relate! Believe me, just hang on for the ride and it will be over before you know it. Then you are bored and lonely.