Monday, October 22, 2007

B-e-n-j-a-m-i-n spells trouble!


Our Benjamin has always been sweet and very, very loving. He's always giving hugs and saying "I love you." And that's always been a good thing. But now . . . Benjamin has a girlfriend. The first 9 weeks of school aren't even over and my 5 year old has a girlfriend! He talks about "M" all the time, and goes over to her house to play. They have nick name for each other -- Benjamin is Pineapple and "M" is coconut. I've also been told by several kids in the neighborhood that Benjamin and "M" hold hands at recess. When I asked Benj about it, he smiled and said they were just playing.

Personally, I think it is pretty cute. But I have to admit that it makes me nervous for the future. I mean, if he's already passed the "girls are gross" phase -- what are we in for?

4 comments:

karin said...

That is cute but I would be nervous too. My nephew is the same way and my sister had a talk with him about girlfriends and dating and how they can be friends but not girlfriends, you do those things when you are older.

mistyp said...

Oh, dear! Good luck! ;)

J & M Shumate Family said...

What a funny kid! I can't see Benj as a "womanizer!" I think it is such a crack up that he calls his girlfriend "coconut." FUNNY!!

THE GREENMONSTERS said...

How adorable...good luck figuring that one out...I thought that was a teenage thing!!