Monday, October 22, 2007

Quick Weekend

Josh's dad came for a visit this weekend. We took him to the Texas Ranger Museum (which is a great museum for boys because they have guns and guns and guns). Grandpa got to see both of the boys play soccer. We also blessed Eliana. It was a fast, busy weekend.

I love living in Texas, I really do. But I'm always reminded of how far away we are when family comes to visit. I'm sad that my kids are missing precious time with their Grandparents and other family. We've been very lucky this summer to have had so many visitors. And I'm really grateful for good friends here that act as surrogate family!

Here are some pictures from the weekend.






4 comments:

karin said...

I loved living in Texas because when people would visit- that was it, they were there to visit us but it seemed to go by so fast. Surrogate families are great, I miss mine so much.

mistyp said...

Wow! You did have a busy weekend!!! Eliana looked so cute in that dress Sunday! It is great to have family visit! I'm glad some of mine are coming this week!!!!

J & M Shumate Family said...

Eliana looks so cute! Boy she is growing up. I'm glad you had a fun weekend with Josh's Dad. I agree, it is hard to live soooo far away from your family. BUT, living in Waco you are lucky. There are sooo many awesome people there. I do miss all my "family" in Waco. I need to come visit!

Leah said...

It was fun sitting behind you guys in church. Hallie loved Josh's dad! It always seems as though our family doesn't come half as much as everyone else's but when they do it is so much fun! I love the sweet pictures of Eliana..she is as cute as could be!