Monday, October 22, 2007

Sam and Soccer

Sam has been playing soccer for years now, and he loves it. When he and Josh play in the backyard, they have a blast. But whenever Sam's been on a team, he doesn't seem to play with the same passion. Maybe it's because Sam likes to be in charge, so that makes being on a team hard. Or maybe it's because Sam's a perfectionist and doesn't like to loose. Whatever the reason, this year has been different. Sam has really become a soccer player. He goes after the ball with a vengeance. He's not afraid to push his way in to get after the ball. He's even scored a few goals, and had SEVERAL near goals. He doesn't get mad if his team looses, or if he doesn't make a goal. After the game, he just talks about how fun it was to play and what good things his teammates did that game. It is a very welcome change.

I love having little kids. But I am also excited to see the changes in my kids as they get older. Seeing Sam play soccer this year has been fun because he's no longer little Sammy . . . now he's just our Sam.


Here are some pictures from the last game. When I talk about Sam attacking the ball with a vengeance -- he just shot this one clear into the air!



2 comments:

karin said...

I can't see the photos.

I am nervous about the boys getting older but I also look forward to doing things like soccer games with them too.

J & M Shumate Family said...

Way to go Sam! I only wish I still lived in Waco. I would have loved watching both Sam and Kye play!