Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Benjamin

(Not the best picture, but he was so uncooperative!)

Today Benjamin turns 6. I can't believe he is 6!! (That means that we've lived in Texas for 6 years.) In honor of Benjamin's birthday, here are six things I love about him.
1. He's the only one in our family with blonde hair.
2. He loves to use big words. When he was about 18 months old, we were in the grocery store and something scared him. He turned tome and said, "Oh, goodness, that startled me." Since then, he always wants to know the meaning of words and loves to use new words.
3. He is very kind and empathetic. He can't stand to see someone hurt. He loves everyone completely.
4. He's obsessed with gadgets. He loves anything electronic. And, he always has to have some small something in his hand.
5. He's shy, but at the same time, makes friends very easily.
6. He's got a talent for music. We used to play guess that tune with him when he was really small. And he got it every time. Now, he likes to sit at the piano and pick out a tune. Last night, he was playing the beginning of a song he didn't even know -- until I played it for him on the I-pod. He's got skills!

Happy Birthday Benjamin! We love you!

3 comments:

karin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BENJ! Music is a great skill to have- keep it up.

I cannot believe he is 6! Kids grow up so much faster when you don't see them.

J & M Shumate Family said...

Wow!!! Maybe you should start piano lessons on him already? He is such a smartie!!

Andrea said...

Oh, I'm in so much trouble! I can only hope that by some miracle Tyler doesn't remember because I completely forgot Ben's birthday party. I didn't write it on my calendar. I'm sure it was wonderful. Sorry we missed it. Happy Birthday Benjamin!