Monday, January 07, 2008

Sleep Help!!


We moved Nicholas to his new bed, finally! And he goes to sleep pretty well. But at night, he gets up four or five times and just wanders the house. Sometimes we'll hear him playing games or trying to turn on the TV. One morning we woke up to a pile of chocolate wrappers on the living room floor. We always hear him and take him back to bed, but who knows how long he's been playing around before we wake up! I'm sure I've mentioned before his need for adventure, so I can only imagine what catastrophe awaits us if we don't get him to stay in bed.

Neither Sam or Benjamin did anything like this. We need help . . . and sleep!!

What do we do?

7 comments:

karin said...

My boys get up occasionally but usually just get into bed with us or turn on the TV (which we can hear). Good luck.

Michele said...

If positive reinforcement incentives have worked for him in other areas, try those. Make sure he can't unlock any of the doors to the outside. Other than that.......I got nothin.

JanelWarner said...

When David was little he would get out of bed and his brother. His doctor told his mom to tie him into bed. Tie one foot with a soft cloth so he didn't get hurt. With his brother the doctor said to turn the crib up side down like a cage. They say at night his brother would cry, don't put me in my cage. You could try one of those. David and I got an idea from Leah to lock them in there room and unlock it when they are a sleep.

karin said...

I hope Nicholas stays in his bed tonight as a birthday present to you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHEL!

Moore Fun Stories said...

That's a tough one. I know he's a climber, can he climb over child gates. Maybe put one in his doorway? or one of those doorknob things on the inside of his door so he can't turn the knob? You have probably tried those. I really wish you luck and more sleep.:)

The Collingwood Family said...

Happy Birthday! By the way, we had that problem also, with Darren. We tied his door to the bathroom door.

J & M Shumate Family said...

OH my goodness. Kids are such a challenge! If it's not one thing....it's always another!!!