Thursday, April 17, 2008

A personal moment of gratitude

While blog hopping, I came across this blog. And it caused me to really stop and think about my "trials", which are nothing in the grand scheme of things.

So today, I am grateful for:
a son that doesn't like to listen
a son who is so tenderhearted it makes me crazy
a son who is trying to prove that it isn't only cats who have nine lives
a daughter who, for the past few days, is trying to beat her record for overall fussiness

And I promise myself to hug them a little longer each day.

4 comments:

karin said...

I understand.
One of mine: Noisy, active boys even when I have the WORST headache.

mistyp said...

That is a sad blog to read. Reading that makes me want to hug my naughty ones a little longer!

Cheryl said...

Remember Aaron when he was little? I prayed that I could hold out until he was grown!! I knew that the qualities that made me crazy then, would help him to be successful one day and I didn't want to squelch them, just manage them so that we could cope! Aaron is an awesome man now. I loved him so much as a rambunctious little guy!!

Who knew that raising Aaron was just practice for raising the twins??

Mothering, you gotta love it!!

Thanks for sharing your discovery. It is really thought provoking!!

Lots of love!!

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

You are absolutely right! Funny how at times I think I have such a rough life then realize my worst day is a whole lot better than others.

I don't know that family but their story definitely pulled at my heart strings. What a strong family. They will be in my prayers.

I can't resist tip-toeing in to take a peek at my healthy sleeping boy! How lucky we are to have healthy kids!