Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Update on Dr. Love

Here is the conversation I had with Benjamin yesterday after school:

B: Mom, E. said she loves me.
M: That was nice of her.
B: Not really. Everybody laughed at me.
M: Why did they laugh?
B: Because E. kept following me around and telling me she loved me and singing a love song to me.
M: Oh. So what did you do?
B: I told her that she could be my girlfriend as long as she doesn't touch me or talk to me or tell anyone. And she can't sing that song any more.
M: That's quite a deal. What did she say?
B: She said yes, of course!

(On a side note, Benjamin told me recently that he plays tickle monster with E. at recess. She chases him and if she catches him, she gets to tickle him. I guess if he didn't let himself get caught all the time, she wouldn't have been able to fall in love with him!)

2 comments:

karin said...

I hope we get pretty regular updates on this, I find it very educational (and entertaining).

Cheryl said...

Love is complicated, isn't it?? It would be a lot easier if every relationship had the conditions spelled out so clearly!!

Thank you, Benjamin for a big smile and a chuckle on this sunny morning!!