Monday, August 27, 2007

To all her adoring fans


Here is Miss Eliana at 2 weeks. Of course, tomorrow she is turning 3 weeks. It's funny how when you are pregnant, time seems to crawl. But once the baby is born, time runs as fast as it can, till there is no possible hope of ever catching up.

At Ellie's 2 week doctor's appointment, she had already gained 1.5 pounds! She looks so different from when she was born -- she has a double chin already and her cheeks are beginning to fill out, and she getting little fat rolls in her arms and legs.
I wish I were a baby, when it's cute to have double chins and fat rolls. People look at babies and say, "Look how big you are getting! I love your cute round cheeks!" Right now, I'd really like someone to say to me, "Look at the rolls on your arms, they are adorable! I love your double chins -- what a big girl you are!" (Of course, the tone matters -- it would have to be said in the same adoring tone reserved for babies!) But if that were the case, I might never be inspired to loose the baby weight.

At least I can look at my cute fat baby and realize that MY un-cute baby fat is worth it!



6 comments:

mistyp said...

She is getting big. Such cute pictures!

karin said...

Her cheeks are so round and cute. I especially love the photo of her awake. And I am having a hard time believing you have a double chin and rolls, after Nicholas it wasn't even noticeable you had just had a baby.

*I like the new look of your blog.

J & M Shumate Family said...

OK...she is beautiful!!! I bet you are lovin' dressing her up. What a lucky mom you are to have a sweet little girl!!

mistyp said...

I remember a while back that you said you love the internet. So, is that why you always know how to do cool things to your blog...or is it your computer that does it? How did you change the header and sides of this blog? And the frames around the pictures??? I read things online, listen to tutorials, and still can't find the good ways... Any help for me??? :)

The Nielsens said...

I am an Eliana fan. Thank you for posting more cute pictures of her for me to AAAAHHHHH over. I too wish my fat rolls were cute and people would look at them and tell me how cute they are. OH Well. I guess I will just have to work them off so I can hear people say, "WOW, you sure have lost some weight."

The Collingwood Family said...

She is SOO cute!!!! I, too, wish my rolls were cute! Darren was running around in his underwear the other day and I asked him to put his clothes on. He said, "But, Mom, I think I look so much better without clothes!" If only I could say that!!!