Saturday, March 15, 2008

Brown Day, Blue Day

Brown Day was a little slower -- a lot slower. Today the boys got to make brownies for the first time. I know, they are a little old to be making brownies for the first time. But I'm knid of a control freak when it comes to cooking in my kitchen. They were both really excited to finally get the chance to cook something. They loved it, and it wasn't so bad having to sit back and watch.

Blue Day was the last day of color week. To find out what we were going to do, I had the boys play Blue's clues. Sam and Benjamin rolled their eyes when I told them to look for paw prints, but Nicholas thought it was great. The clues told them that we were going to go out for dinner. To figure out where we were going, I made a little sentence like the game Mad Gab -- that's where you have to figure out the real phrase from a bunch of miss-matched words. So the boys' words were "ON COLD HANDS," which was "Uncle Dan's". And after dinner we were going to "GOATS WIN MING HAT TEE WHY" or "go swimming at the Y." Sam and Benjamin thought it was fun to figure out those clues. And of course they loved going to the pool.

Color week was a success! Way to go internet! Another great idea!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a fun Mom you are!! I am almost inspired to try that with Luke during his Spring break!! I just don't think that he will be as excited as your boys!!

Lots of love!!

Moore Fun Stories said...

How fun! You have to be organized to do something like that. I am amazed by you and your ideas (even if you got them off the internet). You are a cool mom.