Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The thing I hate most about Texas


Allow me a moment of sentiment:

We live in a pretty transitional area. A lot of people move here to attend School. And when three years is up, they all move away. Then there are people who make a temporary job stop in Waco, and move on to bigger and better things.

We came to Baylor, not with the intention of staying, but with the idea that we would move on as well. But we stayed and we love it, except for the fact that we seem to be saying goodbye quite frequently. Today we said goodbye again to a sweet family as they begin the next chapter in their lives. It was a first for Nicholas -- he's never had a friend leave.

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you that have been a part of our lives. Thank you for enriching our lives in a way that only you could. Thank you for the small moments and the large lessons. Thank you for being a part of our journey. And good luck on yours.

Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos.
~Charles M. Schulz

2 comments:

karin said...

I guess that is a good thing to hate about Texas. I still wish we were there, even with the good-byes.

J & M Shumate Family said...

Is Anna & Drew on their way to my state??? I'm just hoping....