Thursday, September 20, 2007

For the sake of beauty

Any mother with boys knows that there isn't much you can do to accessorize an outfit. But with a girl, the possibilities are endless! After three boys, I was more than ready to accessorize. However, being a girl is expensive. I found headbands that were $10 or more for ONE. That would never do -- I had to buy clothes for the baby, I couldn't go broke on headbands. So I decided to try to make them.

It began with one headband, just a simple floral headband . . .that grew into many.


There are red

and blue

and pink

and yellow and white.

And I just found a website (Boutique Bows) that gives instructions on making any kind of bow imaginable.

Too much? I think not. A girl can never have too much. But I'm not sure what to do once I've exhausted all headband options. Perhaps I'll have to learn how to sew . . .


Eliana at 6 weeks

7 comments:

mistyp said...

Wow! You're good! They look store bought. ;)

karin said...

I am impressed. If I ever a girl, I will have to seek out your help for headbands (especially since I don't accessorize for myself).

The Nielsens said...

Look out Ebay shoppers there's a new shop in town. You could make a lot of money and you would never have to stop making bows..... EVER!!!

JanelWarner said...

She looks so cute!

Lulucarrot said...

You are so creative. I can't get Caro to even keep one on for 5 seconds.

Wangsgaard said...

I'll have to check out that website, Boutique Bows. I need better hair bows than just the cheap ones at Walmart.

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

They are all so cute. My step-sister does headbands with one big flower.. you could try that. Her blog is http://moncurclan.blogspot.com