Friday, September 21, 2007

I need a scrapbooking friend . . .

I saw this really cute idea on the internet. Someone made a school portfolio to keep their kids' school papers in. They used 12 large manila envelopes for each month of the year. It doesn't look too hard to make, but I'm not familiar with all the things called for. That is why I need the advice of a scrapbooker.
Here is the list of supplies that I don't know what they are or where to find them. (I know that I could just go ask at a craft store, but I always feel so silly. I'd rather go and sound like I know what I'm talking about!)
  • 2 - 13½ x 10½ pieces heavy-weight chipboard
  • 2 - 1 x 10½ pieces heavy-weight chipboard
  • bookbinding tape or gaffer tape
  • bone folder
  • corner rounder
So my scrapbooking friends, any help you can give me would be very appreciated. I am tired of school papers carpeting my house. They need a place, and I need clean.


See full instructions here: Simple Scrapbooks Magazine

7 comments:

karin said...

I don't know what those things are either, but the book looks so nice and I like anything that helps keep paper organized. Maybe I should make that for my papers.

Watts Family said...

I'm not the best at describing things but Chipboard is really sturdy, like very heavy cardboard. It's usually sold in shapes or letters already cut. I just typed in 'chipboard' on google and there are sheets on ebay and other websites.

Bookbinding tape is sturdy, waterproof, archival quality tape. I think it would be at most craft stores.

A corner rounder is just a punch that makes the corner round. I have one if you want to borrow it. I got mine at Michael's.

A bone folder is a tool that helps to give a nice fold. They used to be made out of bone so hence the name. Often now they're just made out of heavy plastic. I don't have one but I think Lindsey probably does.

I hope a small part of this may have helped!

mistyp said...

N had good input for you already.... They sell the bone folders at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I think they're about $6. I have one if you want to use it. ;)

Rachel White said...

Thanks girls!! I'll have to go shopping now! :)

THE GREENMONSTERS said...

Well I learnt something today!!

J & M Shumate Family said...

I love this idea!!!!

Eric and Cindy Hansen said...

Very clever idea! I love that there are brilliant "scrappy" people out there so I can copy!!! Let me know how it goes. I have a corner rounder if you want to borrow it!